domingo, 1 de octubre de 2017



Paragraph about my major.


I´m studying social work in the Universidad de Chile. My major lasts five years (ten semesters) and I have been studying for two years. I´m studying social work because I consider that is important fight for a society more inclusive, more just and equitable, for this, my object is acquire theory and practice about this career for help society.  For this reason I think that the personal characteristics does a person need to study this are: To have critical thought, to have a good communicative skills, to know on current news (for know about topicality), to have good reading comprehension and know how to take interviews, between others. The most interesting subject that has this major is the class about social intervention because I learn about the history and theory about this the intervention, however in my opinion, the most difficult interesting subject that has this major is social history of America Latina, because is difficult know about so many countries. I believe that the instruments (tools) that a social worker need in your professional training are: a computer, a recorder, a note (for write about idea of the major), for example. After finishing my studies I would like working in an ONG or an institution of the state, investigating about infantile citizenship (rights of the child).

1 comentario:

  1. Dear Javiera,

    Interesting paragraph, but you need to be much more careful about your grammar (did you use the correction tool?). Also, pay attention to the use of vocabulary. For example, in English you say "NGO", and not "ONG"}

    ... that IT is important TO fight for A MORE INCLUSIVE SOCIETY,

    ..."CAREER" is only about working experience...

    ...personal characteristics [does] THAT a person needS...

    ...([for] TO know about topicality)...

    ...[between] AMONG others. (BETWEEN implies only two elements)...

    THAT THIS SUBJECT HAS...

    ...because IT is difficult...

    ...that a social worker needS in [your] HIS/HER professional training...

    ...([for] TO write about ...

    ... I would like TO work[ing] in a[n] NGO [ONG]...

    Cheers,

    ResponderEliminar

Post 10: English Language Challenges

 English Language Challenges This is my finally blog of this subject (English IV) , regrettably because for this teacher I have a...