viernes, 26 de octubre de 2018

Post: someone I would like to meet




Someone I would like to meet 




Well I really don’t know a person (famous or not) that I really would like to meet, but if I have to choose one person that I would like to meet is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. This person is a feminist writer and novelist that writes about feminism, racism and immigration.
This person is from Nigeria (at present she lives here), but she went to United States when she was 19 years old to study in the university Drexel in Philadelphia. I don’t know how her personality is because I don’t know her, but in her discourses I see her sense of humor. And nowadays she gives workshops about creative writing.
I learned about this person in one speech that I saw on internet (in YouTube), that title is “the danger of a single story” and I enjoyed the message about this discourse, for me this message is about  not to believe every single story, because it is a social construction of a big corporation.


I really don’t know about her accomplishments, but on internet I found that in 2009 she won the national critics award, for her first essay “We Should All Be Feminist”. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Post 10: English Language Challenges

 English Language Challenges This is my finally blog of this subject (English IV) , regrettably because for this teacher I have a...